Introduction of 5086 aluminum sheet
5086 alloy metal aluminum sheet plate – an aluminum alloy with the primary alloy element being magnesium. It is not strengthened by heat treatment, instead becoming stronger due to strain hardening, or cold mechanical working of the material. Since heat treatment doesn’t strongly affect the strength, 5086 can be readily welded and retain most of its mechanical strength. The good weldability and corrosion properties in seawater make 5086 extremely popular for vessel gangways, and boat/yacht hulls. It is considered a sister alloy to Aluminum 5083 with comparable characteristics but slightly less strength.
Features of 5086 alloy aluminum plates
- Corrosion Resistance. 5086 aluminum sheet has the basic anti-corrosion ability to air, water (or salt water), petrochemical and other media. In addition, it has strong corrosion resistance in extremely strong industrial and marine atmospheric environments and deep water.
- No Low Temperature Brittleness. Even below 0℃, the strength and plasticity of 5086 aluminum sheet will not decrease with the temperature, but will increase, and there is no low-temperature brittleness.
- Surface Treatment. 5086 aluminum sheet has good surface anodizing treatment. In addition, after its surface being embossed, the pattern of the 5086 aluminum checker plate is clear, smooth and bright.
Parameters of 5086 alloy metal aluminum sheet plate
a5086, 5086a, aa5086, 5086aa, al5086, 5086 aa, aa 5086, jis a5086p, al5086 class, aw5086 grade etc
5086 aluminum plate supply status:
O, H112, H116, H111, H321, H32, H36, H38
.190 inch, 3mm, 5mm, 6 mm, etc
Size: 4x8x6mm etc
Chemical composition of 5086 aluminum sheet
Mechanical properties of 5086 aluminum sheet
|Tensile strength σ B (MPa)||≥240|
|Conditional yield strength σ0.2 (MPa)||≥95|
|Elongation δ10 (%)||≥10|
|Elongation δ5 (%)||≥12|
The difference between 5086 aluminum sheet and 5083 and 5052 aluminum plate
It is the same as 5083 aluminum sheet and 5052 aluminum sheet. These 5 series Al-Mg alloys are the most common marine grade aluminum sheet. Similarly, the 5086 aluminum sheet is also a typical anti-rust alloy, and the content of its main alloy component Mg directly affects its anti-corrosion performance. According to the comparison of these typical 5-series marine grade aluminum sheets, it is not difficult to find that the Mg content of these sheets is ranked as 5083, 5086, 5052 aluminum sheets from high to low. Therefore, they are used differently in various ship types such as yachts, fishing boats, sand carriers, and various ship components. Besides, the 5086 alloy sheet with good weldability and moderate strength is widely used in the manufacture of fuel tank materials, coal trucks, pressure vessels and transportation equipment, etc. It is also a high-quality raw material for oxidizing materials and checker plates.
Applications of 5086 alloy aluminum plates
Typical uses for 5086 Aluminum include
- Seawater Applications
- Vessel Gangways
- Boat Hulls
marine grade 5086 aluminium plate for shipbuilding etc
Aluminum sheet manufacturers near me
Henan Huawei Aluminum Co., Ltd. is the leader of many aluminum manufactures and suppliers in China. We strictly control the quality and focus on customers. We hope to have in-depth cooperation with you and provide you with high quality aluminum material products custom OEM services. If you want to get the newest and best prices by per kg ( kilogram ) or per ton standard weight, please contact us.
Aluminum sheet plate standard export packing
- The aluminum plate is paperclip or laminated to ensure that the surface of the aluminum plate is intact and free of scratches;
- Plastic film ( HDPE, PVC, PE or PET etc ) protection or hard kraft paper wrapping is used to prevent moisture and rain to ensure that the aluminum plate is clean and free of dirt during transportation (each package has a moisture-proof desiccant to ensure the quality of our products in East China and South China, where there is more rain);
- Installed with wooden brackets and reinforced with steel straps to avoid collision during transportation and to ensure the geometry of the aluminum plate remains unchanged;
- For export products, we use wooden boxes and pallets with fumigation mark for packaging;
- We can also pack according to other packaging requirements of customers;