what is 3003 aluminum sheet?
3003 alloy metal aluminum sheet plate is approximately 20% stronger than 1100 series aluminium. 3003 alloy is readily formed by either conventional cold working or hot working. We offer high-quality 3003 flat aluminum sheet plate and tread plate covered by the ISO standard 6361 and the ASTM standards B209, B210, B211, B221, B483, B491, and B547. The 3003-H14 is a softer, more formable aluminum sheet plate, and the 3003 aluminum tread plate offers increased rigidity in the material as well as hiding fingerprints and dents. The tempers commonly used include H14, H16, and H18, while others are also available to customers’ demands.
3003 aluminum alloy is AL-Mn series alloy, which is the most widely used rust-proof aluminum. The strength of this alloy is not high (slightly higher than that of industrial pure aluminum) and cannot be strengthened by heat treatment. Therefore, the cold working method is used to improve its mechanics Performance: high plasticity in the annealed state, good plasticity during semi-cold work hardening, low plasticity during cold work hardening, good corrosion resistance, good weldability, and poor machinability. Uses are mainly used for low load parts that require high plasticity and good weldability, working in liquid or gaseous media, such as fuel tanks, gasoline or lubricant pipes, various liquid containers, and other small load parts made by deep drawing. The wire is used to make rivets.
3003 aluminum sheet plate reacts well to mechanical finishings as well as organic finishes. the welding for 3003 alloys is readily accomplished by means of conventional welding methods, but it may be gummy if machined. Soldering is limited to the torch method.
Features of 3003 alloy aluminum sheets
1. Corrosion Resistance.3003 aluminum sheet has good corrosion resistance, which is close to the corrosion resistance of industrial pure aluminum. It can effectively resist the corrosion of the atmosphere, fresh water, seawater, food, organic acids, gasoline, neutral inorganic salt solution, and dilute acids.
2. High Plasticity. In the annealed temper, the plasticity of the 3003 aluminum sheet is very high. In the case of semi-cold work hardening, its plasticity is still good, and its plasticity is low when it is cold worked. Good weldability and poor machinability.
3. Weak Resistance to Peeling Corrosion. In the cold deformed state, the 3003 aluminum sheet has a tendency to peel and corrode. The larger the deformation is, the more severe the peeling is. Because the color is not uniform after anodizing, anodizing is generally not performed.
Parameters of 3003 alloy aluminium flat sheets
|Equivalent name||a3003, 3003a, aa3003, 3003aa, al3003, 3003 aa, aa 3003, jis a3003p, al3003 class, aw3003 grade etc|
|Temper||Soft HO, H11, H12, H13, H14, H15, H16, H17, H18, H19, H20, H21, H22, H23, H24, H25, H26, H27, H28, H29, H30, H31, H32, H33, H34, H35, H36, H37, H38, H39, H46, H111, H112, H114, H116, H131, H321 etc|
|Size||1500 x 3000, 3 x 2 ft etc|
|Thickness||( thin ) 0.4mm, 0.6mm, 0.8mm, 1mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm ( thick ) etc|
|Surface treatment||color coated ( colored prepainted ), anodized, stucco embossed, with blue barrier, pvc cover etc|
Chemical composition of 3003 aluminum sheets
|≤ 0.6||0.05 – 0.2||/||≤ 0.1||1.0 – 1.5||/||≤ 0.7||/||≤ 0.05||≤ 0.2||remainder|
3003 aluminum sheet properties by temper (typical)
|3003 Aluminium sheet||Painted,|
Bare, Mill Finish
3003 h14 aluminum sheet is the most common temper of 3003 aluminum sheet
3003-H14 Aluminum Sheet
3003-H14 Aluminum Sheet – (ASTM B209, QQ-A-250/2) Excellent weldability and formability, with good corrosion resistance, make 3003 Aluminum Sheet a popular and economical choice. 3003 Aluminum Sheet has a smooth, semi-shiny finish and is popular for many applications, including fuel tanks, food & chemical handling, trailer siding & roofing, etc. Mill Finish – Not Polished
3003 Aluminum sheet Mechanical Properties
|Material||Condition||Tensile Strength (ksi min)||Yield Strength (ksi min)||Elongation % in 2″ 0.064 sheet||Min 90° Cold Bend Radius for 0.064″ Thick|
|3003-0 sheet 0.064″ thick||3003-0||14-19||5||25||0|
|3003-H12 sheet 0.064″ thick||3003-H12||17-23||12||6||0|
|3003-H14 sheet 0.064″ thick||3003-H14||20-26||17||5||0|
|3003-H16 sheet 0.064″ thick||3003-H16||24-30||21||4||1/2 – 1 1/2 T|
|3003- sheet 0.064″ thick||3003-H18||27 min||24||4||1 1/2 -3T|
Tensile strength σb (MPa)) 140-180
Conditional yield strength σ0.2 (MPa) )≥115
Heat treatment and processing temperature
The homogenization annealing temperature is 590 ~ 620 ℃, the hot rolling temperature is 480 ~ 520 ℃, extrusion temperature is 320 ~ 480 ℃, the typical annealing temperature is 413 ℃, and air cooling.
18 years experience aluminium 3003 sheet factory, fast delivery, delivery guaranteed. price cost-effective, all 3003 aluminum plates on sale. 3003 aluminum sheet has been exported all over the world and get a good reputation. With an annual output of more than 200,000 MT Export volume accounts for 40%. Get the best 3003 aluminum sheet plate price here.
As a China-based 3003 aluminum sheet manufacturer and supplier, we at Huawei also produce aluminum slit coil, aluminum strips, coated aluminum coil, aluminum plates, anodizing aluminum sheets, embossed aluminum sheets, etc. For more detailed information, please continue browsing our website or feel free to contact us directly
Applications of 3003 aluminum plates
Typical uses of3003 aluminum sheets: heat sinks, radiators, power battery enclosures, automotive heat shields, fuel tanks, water tanks, automotive skid plates, battery explosion-proof valves, battery covers, automotive interiors, signs, cans, medical equipment, etc.
Typical use of Ultra-wide3003 aluminum sheet: bus skins, silos, antenna pan materials, wide curtain wall panels, wide roof panels, etc.
3003 aluminum sheet is anticorrosive and its production technology is good.
The main ingredient in it is manganese element and the content is between 1.0% and 1.5%.
3003 mill finish aluminum sheet plate is an alloy with very good corrosion resistance and moderate strength. Excellent weldability, formability, with good machinability makes the 3003 Aluminium Sheet, coil, and tread plate a popular and economical choice in Appliance Components. Alloy 3003 can be cold worked to produce tempers with a higher strength but a lower ductility while not heat-treated or used in casting. It is commonly rolled and extruded as aluminium sheets and foils which are in different applications such as truck and trailer roofing, cooking utensils, pressure vessels, refrigerator panels, gasoline tanks, heat exchangers, and furniture components.
3003 plain aluminum sheet plate is not heat treatable and develops strengthening from cold working only. Commonly used in chemical equipment, ductwork, and in general sheet metal work. Aluminum 3003 is also used in the manufacture of cooking utensils, pressure vessels, builder’s hardware, eyelet stock, ice cube trays, garage doors, awning slats, refrigerator panels, gas lines, gasoline tanks, heat exchangers, drawn and spun parts, storage tanks, honeycomb panel, aluminum radiator, insulation sheet, floor plate, etc
- Food Equipment
- Chemical Equipment
- Appliance Components
- Truck and Trailer Roofing
- Lawn Furniture Components
- Germany: DIN AIMnCu;
- Europe: EN AW-3003;
- Japan: JIS A3003P;
- France: NF A 3003 (formerly A-M1).
Aluminum sheet manufacturers near me
Henan Huawei Aluminum Co., Ltd. is the leader of many aluminum manufactures and suppliers in China. We strictly control the quality and focus on customers. We hope to have in-depth cooperation with you and provide you with high quality aluminum material products custom OEM services. If you want to get the newest and best prices by per kg ( kilogram ) or per ton standard weight, please contact us.
Aluminum sheet plate standard export packing
- The aluminum plate is paperclip or laminated to ensure that the surface of the aluminum plate is intact and free of scratches;
- Plastic film ( HDPE, PVC, PE or PET etc ) protection or hard kraft paper wrapping is used to prevent moisture and rain to ensure that the aluminum plate is clean and free of dirt during transportation (each package has a moisture-proof desiccant to ensure the quality of our products in East China and South China, where there is more rain);
- Installed with wooden brackets and reinforced with steel straps to avoid collision during transportation and to ensure the geometry of the aluminum plate remains unchanged;
- For export products, we use wooden boxes and pallets with fumigation mark for packaging;
- We can also pack according to other packaging requirements of customers;